- First, to Logan Airport, to drop off O (she and her friend are currently in NOLA, and returning tomorrow evening).
- Then, to Sound Bites in Somerville with the kids for breakfast (Wonder Waffles, Plain Old Pancakes, and Eggs Benedict). They still have the old vibe, even in their new, slick digs.
- Then back to home base, to feed and take care of our guinea pig before we…
- Visit my sister in Natick, to chat and pick up some fabric that my mother was going to use and thence to…
- the Fenn school, after a scenic drive through Wayland and Concord along routes 27 and 126. Their summer camp program has a
Fall Fun Festwhere families come back to enjoy a lunch, crafts (like candle-making, which the kids love), and a small
midwayset up in the gym. Finally, we zip down to…
- Rhode Island to my mom's. After a walk on the beach in front of the pounding surf (thanks to the previous night's storm), we have a quite dinner of simply awesome lasagna, and take it easy. We take on another walk on the beach on Sunday morning. The surf is considerably calmer, and while it feels a bit weird to walk on warm sand in the middle of October, it does feel good. On kid's orders, we went to the Umbrella Factory to look at knick-knacks, and then had a nice lunch at Phil's Hungry Haven (which is incredibly busy in the summer).
- After saying goodbye to Mom, we take I-95 up to Attleboro to see my dad. And since we haven't had enough of Rhode Island just yet, we go out for ice cream at Cumberland's Ice Cream Machine.
- But we're not done yet ! We still have to get groceries, if only for school lunches. So it's off to Whole Foods, to grab a little something for dinner as well. Mission finally accomplished, with all parties accounted for.
Today was a lot quieter – I spend the morning reading on the 'net and cleaning up various piles of sundry things have accumulating around the house. After grabbing a burrito at Blue Ribbon for an early dinner, I picked up the kids from their after-school kids, fed 'em, and then we all went to S0's den meeting (S1 had fun… she'd be a great Cub Scout).
Tomorrow is my first day at StreamBase. I think it's going to be fun.